Ordering and Payment
How to place an order
- Decide on the product that you would like to buy.
- Select the color, size etc. and input the quantity you would like in the purchase box.
- Click the BUY option and it will be added to your shopping basket.
- You can purchase other items by returning to the product pages and following the same instructions.
- You can remove items from your shopping basket by clicking the - box next to the price.
- You can empty your shopping basket by clicking the x box next to the price.
- Anytime you want to view what you have ordered so far just click the arrow in the quick basket in the top right corner of the page.
- When you are ready to checkout, click the CHECKOUT button and follow the on screen instructions to complete your purchase.
- As soon as you place your order, you will receive confirmation by email and when we process your order we will email you a trace number so that your can trace your order from our website.
How to change or cancel an order
- If you would like to change or cancel your order after it has been placed, no problem!
- Simply contact us quoting your order number and what you would like to change about your order.
- You will need to contact us before we process your order, before 9:00 am (Japan time) Monday to Friday or if you place your order at the weekend, before 9:00 am (Japan time) on Monday.
- The time in Japan NOW is: Tuesday, 17:13 pm
- Please DO NOT send any credit card information by email. If you make a mistake with your payment details, you should cancel your order and place a new order.
Which countries can orders be placed from and where can we deliver to?
- Orders can be placed from all countries worldwide and we deliver to all countries except Kosovo & some african countries (Ghana, Rwanda, Nigeria) due to either high rates of credit card fraud or postal theft.
- We accept credit and debit cards with the Visa, Mastercard or American Express symbol as payment methods.
- Please note, we do not currently accept PayPal, Nochex, bank transfers, cheques or money orders.
- If you do not have one of the above credit or debit cards, you could ask a friend or relative to purchase the item on your behalf, then pay them in cash.
Prices and currency
- All prices are in US DOLLARS. You can convert prices into Yen, Euros and British pounds using the currency option at the top right of the page.
- Please note that currency conversions on our website are approximate due to exchange rates varying from day to day. To get an accurate conversion for your currency please use the XE.com Personal Currency Assistant.
- All transactions are processed in US Dollars. When your credit card is charged your bank will convert the value of the transaction into your country's currency and charge your card this amount.
- Some banks and credit card companies may charge a small service fee for foreign currency transactions, therefore the final amount charged to your credit or debit card may be different to converted currency estimates.
Reasons and solutions for rejected orders and credit/debit card declines
- If your order has been DECLINED please ensure that you have entered your credit or debit card details including credit or debit card number and expiry date correctly and that there are sufficient funds in your account. Then try placing your order again.
- Your bank security might prevent unusual transactions such as a transaction from a foreign country. This is a very common occurrence and can easily be resolved by contacting your bank or credit card company and asking them to allow you to make an overseas purchase.
- If your order has been REJECTED it might be because we cannot deliver to your country or your credit card was flagged as fraudulent.
- Your bank or credit card company can confirm why your credit or debit card was declined or rejected so if you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact your bank or credit card company.
- If you have contacted your bank or credit card company and are still experiencing difficulties in placing your order, please contact us and we will try to assist you.
Payment of tax and customs duty
- For delivery to some countries, the recipient of the order may be required to pay import duty, tax and handling fees to the postal service or courier. These charges depend on the value of your order and the country you are in.
- Tokyoflash Japan online prices are far lower than retail prices to account for these charges. To find out more about these possible charges, please visit your government's customs website.
Can I buy a gift certificate or gift voucher?
- Unfortunately we do not currently offer gift certificates or gift vouchers for use at our online store.
Do you offer a gift wrapping service?
- Unfortunately we do not currently offer a gift wrapping service, due to packages being opened by customs for inspection.